Summertime and Changes



How come summer seems to get shorter every year?  Not only is it shorter but it seems busier than ever before.  This summer has been especially busy...so many changes taking place in our family:

Sarah graduated from college.
Kathryn graduated from high school.
Sarah got engaged.
Mark and Kathryn are both lifeguarding and putting in lots of hours.
Mark is taking 3 classes too.
Anna has been to the beach with friends and to camp Briarwood.
Jake has been to Hunting camp and had lots of friends over.
And Mark and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to New England.

Those are just the high points...lots of other activities all mixed in.

who can resist a Sunday afternoon game of bball?


                   Cousins ready for camp



Resident lifeguards!
Father's Day
Camden, Maine
Fourth of July at American Village

I know that in a few short weeks even more changes are on the horizon.

*Sarah is moving to Prattville on July 23 and beginning her first teaching job in August.
(I know she will be a great teacher!)

*Mark may be making some school changes.
(such a smart boy needs to be in a place to succeed)

*Kathryn moves to Auburn on Aug 7.
(Such fun times ahead...Kathryn will love it and do great!)

*Anna and Jake will be back at home this year!  I really want this to be fun and
productive.  Precious years are flying by!  Anna will be in high school and Jake in 6th grade.

I am so very proud of each of these great kids.  There have certainly been bumps along the way but the path remains straight.  I am claiming 3 John 1:4 this year.  "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth".  It doesn't say they will be making only good choices or succeeding at everything they attempt....it says that they are WALKING IN THE TRUTH.

*What is the TRUTH?

Well Jesus said, "I am the way and truth and the life"
So...I am going to go with that.  My prayer for our family is that we would all walk with
Jesus, everyday.

*How do we know the TRUTH?

Get to know HIM.  Spend time with HIM.  Talk to HIM and Listen to HIM.
Sounds so simple....why is it so HARD?  I guess it's that whole fallen world thing!

"You have declared this day that the Lord is your God and that you will walk in his ways, that you will keep his decrees, commands and laws, and that you will obey him.  And the Lord has declared this day that you are his people, his treasured possession, as he promised and that you are to keep all his commands.  He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has made and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised."  Deut. 26:17-19

As much as these children are my "treasured possessions", they are more importantly HIS treasured possessions!  I am not a big fan of "change" but I will endure this time and trust these precious treasures in the Father's hands, for him to love and protect, AS HE PROMISED...


Comments