Ingratitude

Reading (and re-reading) a wonderful, heart-searching,
soul-checking, melody of words, book.
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

It awakens thoughts that you never knew you were thinking.
"From all of our beginnings, we keep reliving the Garden story."
"Satan's sin becomes the first sin of all humanity:
the sin of ingratitude.  Adam and Eve are, simply, painfully,
ungrateful for what God gave."

Is this a sin that I live every day?
Am I truly grateful for all that God gives?
The good and the bad.

I'm pretty sure that I am right there in that Garden story.

My Father sends blessings...do I receive them with gratitude?
Or am I simply too busy to even acknowledge them?
Some days, yes.
Without a constant awareness of His blessings, and a ever playing song of praise in my heart,  it is so much
easier to hear those deceptive words from the deceiver...
"you will not surely die" --"Did God really say..."
It is easier to believe the lie that I deserve more.

Do I have so many blessings that I have become
blind to them?  He often says "Be Still"...is that the key?
Slow down, be still...be aware.
and then give thanks.
It sounds so easy.  Why does my life seem constantly at 
war with being still?

Maybe because I allow it....?

 trying to get organized...

Enjoying a fire on a cold, rainy day.

The wedding draws near!
Addressing invitations proves to be quite a task :-)

My heart says of you "Seek his face"
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Psa 27:8



Comments

  1. i am hoping to read ann's book very soon my self!
    fun photos & so nice to "meet" you
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment