One thing never changes...


In church today, Davy preached from Malachi...a small book that talks all about the faithfulness of God's people.  Malachi is quite blunt, he tells it like it is.  We are unfaithful in so many areas.  Knowing the truth in our head, but always struggling to live it out.  Malachi warned against judging others, while we are doing the same things in our heart.  
Following Malachi...there were 400 years of silence from God before Christ was born!  That's a long time of remaining faithful...


Sometimes Most of the time, I feel like I am in that 400 year dry spell.
Struggling with obedience and faith.

Obey...then
struggle with self-righteousness.

Let go of obedience...then
struggle with sin.

Where is the balance?

Davy says we are "free to struggle"...
because Christ has already won and we are forgiven.


"I the Lord do not change.  So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.  Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them.  Return to me and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty.
Malachi 3:6-7

There is so much comfort in these words...
God does not change
It is my nature to turn away
I can return

It is comforting to know that God told His people these things...
He KNEW that I would struggle.


When i don't feel like God is listening or speaking...
I only have to look around and see all that He has created.
Fall is just shouting the evidence of a creator.


Last week, Davy asked lots of hard questions:
1. What would my life actions show is the most important thing in my life?
2.  What am i building..My kingdom? or God's Kingdom?

{I don't think that i like MY answers to these questions.}

I seem to have too many questions of my own...

How do you live this life in a fallen world and keep Christ first in all things?

How do you take what God brings in to your life, understand it and understand why He brought it?


I DO believe that God works all things together for good...
Everyday is a lesson for me.
A lesson in faith.
Believing what God says is true.

Maybe it's just patience that i need!




One less teenager in the house!
Happy 20th Birthday to Kathryn!
What a blessing!


All 7 of us enjoyed getting to celebrate Senior Day with Kirk.
We are SO proud of him!


Jake has continued having fun with his rodeo friends!
And he and Miles both started school at Coosa Valley Academy this month.