Love is all there is...

There are so many things in this life that we take for granted...
that is, until some one or some thing threatens to take them away.
Kind of like a toy that a child never plays with until 
another child picks it up.
Family is the same way...
Mom used to complain to me that i often treated my friends
better than i did my family.  ouch!
Sometimes she was right. 
i just took it for granted that my family would always be there
and would love me no matter what.
{you don't get that kind of commitment from friends}

They do love me  no. matter. what...
but i know that they won't ALWAYS be there.
I guess the brevity of life becomes so much more real
the older i get.
This perspective really makes me aware of 
what. matters. most.

I keep realizing that the list of things that REALLY matter...
is
a VERY short list.

God has given us so many blessings 
purely for our enjoyment...

But He said Himself,
"The greatest of these is LOVE"

And love is only found in relationship...not in possessions or experiences.


This week Mother and Daddy celebrated their 49th Anniversary.


{Daddy was in the hospital recovering from neck surgery...
where he got a little more than he bargained for!  Planning for
an overnight stay...he ended up getting a whole week!}


This is what our week looked like...


Monday - Friday Dad was in the hospital...definitely not good to
see your parent struggling to get better.
One night, after leaving the hospital, we enjoyed a quick dinner
out with cousins.
On Friday, Dad finally got to come home.
And the weather had everyone scrambling again with tornado threats.
{The grocery store was packed, people lined up to purchase weather radios and schools were let out early....and of course we have 
enjoyed a sunny warm afternoon!}

I Corinthians 13:13
"Three things remain...Trust steadily in God, 
hope unswervingly,
love extravagantly.
And the best of the three is love."

I SO wish that i could do all three!